Might give this a go this evening… so will tell you what I think… I don’t eat beef.. so will use mince lamb instead… I drain off all fat eww.. don’t like it anyway… but .. lets see what it is like…
For the pie:
- 500g extra lean minced beef
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g green beans, cut into 1cm lengths
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200ml passata
For the topping:
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 225g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the mince, garlic, onion, green beans, carrots and dried herbs in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a pie dish and add the Worcestershire sauce and passata. Stir to mix well, cover the dish with foil and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan of lightly salted water for 15 minutes or until both are tender. Drain well then mash together. Stir in the beaten egg and season with black pepper.
- Take the baking dish from the oven, remove the foil and carefully spoon the mash over the top of the meat, smoothing the surface.
- Return the dish to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is browned. Serve hot with vegetables of your choice.
Slimming World syns:
Extra Easy: Free
By Recipes taken from Slimming World’s Extra Easy All in One recipe book. Available from Slimming World groups priced £9.99 or good bookstores priced £16.99. Visit slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000 for more information. Photos: Gareth Morgans
I am sure I fully posted but,… for some reason it didn’t show … anyway… I tried the Cottage Pie…
Mmm. well I wouldn’t add the Worcester sauce again.
I used lamb.. amd needs more pasatta… also added a small teaspoon of sweetner to take the tartness off the passata… .I think I would cook it in a pan first then transfers to the dish, also see if there is enough sauce.
Anyway… I made another lot for later on… but I used 125 gms approx of lamb and added quorn and mushrooms ad that will do me for a couple of days I think … so that will be approx 8 syns on green!